You’ve Gotta Have Friends is a grass roots initiative that aims to involve all citizens in creating welcoming communities where everyone belongs. Loneliness and isolation are critical issues for many people. We help to break down barriers that keep people from experiencing a rich and rewarding life by:
· Intentionally noticing and mobilizing the gifts of individuals and community groups
· Helping citizens to engage in new ways of building relationships
· Empowering change and inspiring action towards an inclusive community
· Helping people find socially valued roles in the community
· Participating in events that raise awareness about the importance of belonging
· Convening conversations that matter
You’ve Gotta Have Friends brings people together in a variety of ways to share their experiences and to create connections. We believe community belongs to the people
and that it takes every citizen to create strong and welcoming neighbourhoods.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends is sponsored by:
· United Way of the Lower Mainland
· Langley Association for Community Living
· Donations from Langley citizens
· Community Chest Fund
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS
show up | behave according to group norms | participate | treat others with respect | stay engaged | adjust your agenda as needed | be positive
Office ~ McBurney Plaza, 20510
Fraser Highway, Langley, BC
Make an appointment ~ phone 604-533-6546 or email [email protected]
I`m your best ambassador!
I tell all my friends and the
people I meet about You've
Gotta Have Friends.
Watch our video to learn about what we're doing in Langley to support people
to build relationships!
Our Vision ~ Langley is a welcoming community where
everyone embraces a sense of belonging, cares for
each other, connects through friendship, and has fun.
Welcome to You've Gotta Have Friends
2017 Community Builder Awards
We are pleased to announce that presentations for the 2017 Community Builder Awards will take place on December 8 at our annual Christmas Party.
DATE: Friday, December 8, 2017 | TIME: 2:00 ~ 4:00 pm
VENUE: Timm’s Community Centre ~ 20399 Douglas Crescent, Langley
To nominate an individual, business or non-profit organization that demonstrates and inspires inclusion, builds relationships and contributes to the Langley community in a meaningful way, please complete and send this form to [email protected].