You’ve Gotta Have Friends is a grass roots initiative that aims to involve all citizens in creating welcoming communities where everyone belongs. Loneliness and isolation are critical issues for many people. We help to break down barriers that keep people from experiencing a rich and rewarding life by:
· Noticing and mobilizing the gifts of individuals and community groups
· Helping citizens engage in new ways to build relationships
· Empowering change and inspiring action towards inclusive communities
· Helping people find valued community roles
· Participating in events that raise awareness about the importance of belonging
· Convening conversations that matter
You’ve Gotta Have Friends brings people together in a variety of ways to share their experiences and to create connections. We believe community belongs to the people and that it takes every citizen to create strong and welcoming neighbourhoods.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends Sponsors
· United Way of the Lower Mainland
· Inclusion Langley Society
· Donations from Langley citizens
· Community Chest Fund
Office ~ McBurney Plaza, 20510
Fraser Highway, Langley, BC
Make an appointment ~ phone 604-533-6546 or email [email protected]
I`m your best ambassador!
I tell all my friends and the
people I meet about You've
Gotta Have Friends.
Our Vision - Langley is a welcoming community where everyone embraces a sense of belonging, cares for each other, connects through friendship and has fun.
Watch our video to learn how You've Gotta Have Friends supports people from all walks of life to build relationships in the
You've Gotta Have Friends hosted its Lucky 13th anniversary on Friday, September 13, 2019 to celebrate community building in Langley for the last 13 years. The video shows highlights.
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS
show up | behave according to group norms | participate | treat others with respect | stay engaged | adjust your own agenda as needed | be positive
Welcome to You've Gotta Have Friends
You’ve Gotta Have Friends