You’ve Gotta Have Friends is a grass roots initiative that aims to involve all citizens in creating welcoming communities where everyone belongs. Loneliness and isolation are critical issues for many people. We help to break down barriers that keep people from experiencing a rich and rewarding life by:
· Intentionally noticing and mobilizing the gifts of individuals and community groups
· Helping citizens to engage in new ways of building relationships
· Empowering change and inspiring action towards an inclusive community
· Helping people find socially valued roles in the community
· Participating in events that raise awareness about the importance of belonging
· Convening conversations that matter
You’ve Gotta Have Friends brings people together in a variety of ways to share their experiences and to create connections. We believe community belongs to the people
and that it takes every citizen to create strong and welcoming neighbourhoods.
You’ve Gotta Have Friends is sponsored by:
· United Way of the Lower Mainland
· Langley Association for Community Living
· Donations from Langley citizens
· Community Chest Fund
HOW TO MAKE FRIENDS
show up | behave according to group norms | participate | treat others with respect | stay engaged | adjust your own agenda as needed | be positive
Office ~ McBurney Plaza, 20510
Fraser Highway, Langley, BC
Make an appointment ~ phone 604-533-6546 or email [email protected]
I`m your best ambassador!
I tell all my friends and the
people I meet about You've
Gotta Have Friends.
to You've Gotta
Langley is a welcoming community
where everyone embraces a sense of belonging,
cares for each other, connects through
friendship and has fun.
About What We Do
Watch our video and learn more about
what we're doing in the Langley community
to support people to get to know each other
better and build relationships!
TED and Talk 2019
January 24, February 28 and March 28 at the You’ve Gotta Have Friends office in Langley. Join us and share your impressions.
The coffee will be on!
FRIENDSHIP MIXER 2019
January 10, February 14 and March 14 from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. at the You've Gotta Have Friends office.
This is a great way to meet kindred spirits in a social atmosphere.
A $2 drop in fee will help with refreshments and room rental.
Please note we are closed between Christmas and New Year!